Whether you’re a casual fan or the most die-hard devotee, there’s no better time than now to gather the family together to watch, celebrate, and eat your way through the World Series. Of course, in a perfect world, we could all be doing that together from the Diamond Club, amiright? But since that’s not the case for most of us, there are lots of other options for enjoying the World Series and cheering on the Houston Astros all over town- even from the comfort of your couch.
First, familiarize yourself with the schedule, then check out our recommendations below.
- Game 1: Tuesday, October 26th, 7pm
- Game 2: Wednesday, October 27th, 7pm
- Game 3: Friday, October 29th, 7pm (away)
- Game 4: Saturday, October 30th, 7pm (away)
- *Game 5: Sunday, October 31st, 7:15pm (away)
- *Game 6: Tuesay, November 2nd, 7pm
- *Game 7: Wednesday, November 3rd 7pm
*Denotes games if necessary
Get Ready To Cheer, Wherever You Are
No tickets? No problem. There are so many ways to cheer on the Astros with other fans at watch parties all over the city. You can probably guarantee that every Houston bar or restaurant with a TV will have the game playing, but if you specifically want a watch party vibe, here are a few spots around town offering just that.
- Minute Maid Park: That’s right! Watch the away games in the park on the big screen with other fans. Festivities start at 5pm with a “street fest” that includes food trucks, live music, and photo-ops before game time. You must reserve seats for $1 each ahead of time.
- 8th Wonder Brewing: Right near Minute Maid Park!
- Saint Arnold Brewing Co.: Beautiful weather, great beer, and a big outdoor screen? Sounds like a good time.
- Star Cinema Grill: Complimentary tickets to watch the game on the big screen will be given out starting at 6pm at all Houston locations!
- Biggio’s: Named for the Astros’ Hall of Famer and right in the heart of the action.
Have little ones in tow and need something a little more low-key? Check out these lists for local establishments near you that may have the game on their tv screens. We recommend calling ahead to make sure the game will be on and that they still have plenty of seating!
- Kids eat while you enjoy the game! Here’s our list of 50+ family-friendly Houston restaurants for ideas around town.
- Many times, pizza spots have LOTS of screens! Here are our favorite pizza restaurants in Houston.
- And, of course, our list of family-friendly breweries– always a great place to keep the whole family entertained!
Are you going to be away from home and want to make sure you see all of the plays? Download the MLB app so you can watch all the World Series action even on the go!
Host Your Own Watch Party
Need to get the kids in bed at a decent hour? We get it. Why not step out of the usual weekday routine and have some fun with the dinner menu? Here are a few of our favorite game day recipes that can feed just your family…or a whole party!
Keep the Kids Entertained
If you’re looking for ways to keep the kids busy during the game, print out a few Astros-themed coloring pages! You could also print out scorecards and teach older kids that interested about how to mark a scorecard (if you’re into that sort of thing). Here are some great FREE links we found!
- Astros Logo Coloring Page
- Fun with Orbit Activity and Coloring Pages
- Astros on MLB Coloring Pages
- Printable Scorecards
Show Your Pride!
The Astros have a FREE Wallpaper and social media images available for use! With one simple click, you can show your hometown pride.