It’s fall here in Houston, and I’m doing my best to manifest my favorite season inside my home. I’ve pulled out the fall decor and stocked up on some autumn necessities: pumpkins, cranberries and warming spices. Here are some of the fall recipes I’ll be cooking on repeat until December:
Fall Recipes: Snacks
- Well Plated’s Halloween Chex Mix is very easy to throw together and such a fun, festive snack. I like to make big batches of this so that I can share it with my neighbors. It does contain peanuts, but you can definitely leave them out!
- I first enjoyed this festive Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip at a potluck and immediately asked my friend for the recipe. The colors and flavors are perfect for fall. It is extremely delicious when served with buttery crackers.
Fall Recipes: Mains
- Fall means it’s time to bring on all of the creamy, nourishing soups! I quite like this Butternut Squash Soup with a loaf of crusty homemade bread.
- I am obsessed with this hearty and filling Sweet Potato Chowder. Bacon works as a great substitute for the pancetta if you can’t find any.
- I told you I have a thing for soup during the fall, so are you surprised that the next recipe I am sharing is White Chicken Chili from Cooking Classy? This recipe uses a ton of pantry staples, so it’s easy to pull together at the last minute. You can leave out the cream cheese to no ill effect or sub Greek yogurt like I do!
Fall Recipes: Treats
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter is guaranteed to fill your home with the smells of fall. The perfect way to use up an abundance of apples, we love this “butter” smeared over toast or simply on its own.
- Amanda Rettke, the creator behind I Am Baker, has been blogging for over 15 years and all of her recipes are smash hits in my home. However, I have to say that her Apple Bundt Cake is truly a showstopper. Perfect for potlucks or a cozy afternoon at home, this recipe ushers in the fall season in the most lovely way!
- This time last year, I was baking a loaf of Yummy Toddler Food’s Fresh Cranberry Orange Bread once a week– that’s how good it is! Fresh cranberries can be hard to find, so I buy big bags of them at Costco when they are in season. I wash and freeze them in individual baggies so that I’ll always have some on hand to bake this treat whenever my heart desires.
Fall Recipes: Drinks
- It’s amazing how just four ingredients can make a house smell absolutely heavenly. I love a yummy mug of Hot Spiced Apple Cider, and this recipe comes together quickly in a pinch. Try using Trader Joe’s Spiced Cider!
- I love trying new drink recipes and stumbled upon Half-Baked Harvest’s Thanksgiving Sangria last year. This makes a ton and is great for a crowd. I love how versatile her recipe is and how you can easily adjust the sweetness level to your taste. Now to find that same pumpkin pitcher…
What are your favorite fall recipes? We would love to know!